Why I moved to Reliance Wi-pod from BSNL Broadband and How I increased the data speed of Reliance Wi-pod

I was using BSNL Broadband rural connection for more than 5 years and I was paying rent of 500 with tax and its an unlimited connection with 512kbps speed. Since I am the only User that was okay with me.

But things changed soon. Year by year BSNL made a small price rise from 500 to 650 plus tax. And I was paying on yearly basis. but no change in speed now also in this 2016 again 512 kbps. 
All of you know that 512kbps is nothing because now a days so many companies offer 10 mbps in this rate and more GB's with unlimited download and upload . so I was thinking why should I waste my money like this.

So I contacted all the ISP's in my area and Reliance came with a wonderful plan thats very OK for me. Just pay 1100 advance you will get the internet device with wifi and First 3 months free after that pay 500 per month. And you will get 10 GB data with 2 mbps speed. 

So I went to BSNL disconnected my connection. Moved to reliance Now I am more than Happy with the service they provide.

When I started using reliance at my home the given wi-pod device a USB dongle with Wifi that support up to 5 device at a time. Since I am living a rural part the Single range was very low. So my speed was dropping. So I kept the device on the first floor open area and connected using a repeater (Tenda router). So this can be accessed easily in my rooms.

How I increased the network single of Reliance wi-pod (Network data card dongle) for better speed.

Have a look.






For few days I put it out side using a USB extension cable and I did not get any proper speed. So I bought a small Dish Antenna for Rs 250/- from nearest store.
I assembled it like this 
  1. Fix the USB device on the Dish. where the set top box receiver unit is fixed
  2. Power up the device and connect to device Wifi using your Phone and install speed test and test the speed and also check in which location you get the maximum speed. fix the position.
  3. now Take you router enable repeater mode. Scan for the Dongle wifi set it
  4. Make sure to put plastic cover on it. Always keep in Shade area. Direct sunlight and water may kill your device
  5. Unplug the device during thunder storm. 



Now I get 2 Mbps speed upload and download. The same procedure can be done on any network data card (Idea, Vodafone, BSNL, Airtel) for better range and speed.