My Personal experience with Volkswagen Polo

Before that I just go through the other cars I made a test drive with the diesel version of Suzuki Swift, Hyundai i20, Fiat Punto, Ford Figo etc...

And Finally I made a call to Volkswagen Showroom near to me. Agent told be he will bring the car to my location. I told no I will visit the showroom. The salesman was waiting for me at the showroom it was their closing time.

I made a talk with the salesman regarding the type of the car I told him that I was looking for the Polo. I specifically mentioned that I need a test drive on the Polo diesel version.

He given me keys and he explained everything. I am really impressed with his explanation, even though I visited other car showroom I never got such a good explanation. 

(I am test driving the high end diesel version)First let start with the keys, Keys with remote look premium with keys you can unlock car door, fuel cap and the boot. By holding the unlock key for 2 seconds you slide down/up all the 4 windows at the same time. And for safety Polo comes with window sensors if some placed his/her hand on the glass top while sliding upwards it automatically comes downwards.


Next inside the car you will get a premium look like Audi, Bmw etc. In other hatchback in the segment the inside looks plasticy. Polo has manged to install premium plastics and little chrome finish too.

Now lets drive the German boy, he showed his real energy. The power sterring is nice to handle I say its the best one. There is not so noise from the engine side. everyone say diesel engine is noisy you need to maintain the car all the time. maintenance cost is high than the petrol version.

I have not reviewed the entire car. But once I finished the test drive I am really impressed with car. I would definitely suggest this car. I will say it is much better than the other one in the same segment. Next regarding the built quality, its body feel stronger that the other cars. And I asked for the spare part expense. normally everyone think that the vw spares are expensive but the fact is that the parts are cheaper while comparing with the suzuki swift. 

Price wise vw is expensive than the swift and other cars. But on the quality side vw is the winner. If you are looking for a car for long use, mileage, vw is the choice. I will say go for it. And regarding the service vw provide on road assistance that 24/7 any where in India.

My rating 9/10

image source via Volkswagen